Re: [SLE] For those who follow such things [ot]
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 15:20:38 +0200
Dave Howorth wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 11:45 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
>> You can't really - they are genuine rejects of forged emails.
>> Depending on how much of the rejected email is attached, sometime the
>> reject will be recognised as spam, sometimes it won't.
>
> Doesn't that make them easy to detect? Recognize them as reject
> messages by the subject line or other means, then check the body for
> something (message id or subject?) that corresponds to a message in
> the Sent folder for the claimed address? If there's a match, it's a
> real reject. If not, bin it!

Bounces are easy to detect - they have no Return-Path. But whether they
are results of genuine emails is different. Checking against the
"Sent" folder presumes you have access to it - which I don't. Is
suspect it might also be a little heavy resource-wise.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich

--
http://www.spamchek.com/ - managed anti-spam and anti-virus solution.
Let us analyse your spam- and virus-threat - up to 2 months for free.

< Previous Next >