Can't use DVD to add component from YAST
  • From: "Steve Jacobs" <stevetjacobs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 06:22:03 -0400
I've got a Suse 10 desktop system. It was originally installed using
an OpenSuse 10.0 eval DVD.

I want to configure a web server on the system, so I went to YAST,
Network Services, and click on 'HTTP Server'.

YAST informs me I must add BIND, and it needs the SUSE 10 CD1. I
installed from DVD, but I think it's always called it CD1, so thinking
nothing of it, I insert the DVD.

YAST doesn't look at the DVD drive, and complains that no install
source is found in the CD drive.

I've tried adding the DVD to the install sources in YAST,
unsuccessfully. If I look at the "storage media" container on the
computer, the DVD, mounted, is there, and browseable.

The DVD is called /dev/hdd. I cannot add that to YAST install sources.

Previously I've had no problem using this DVD within YAST; I don't
know what's changed.

Anyone run into this, and know how I can fix it?

Thanks,
Steve

  • No further messages