Re: [SLE] found 64-bit and 32-bit version for CERLIB
  • From: Brad Bourn <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 09:50:08 -0600
Maura,

I think you solution is clear.....

What I would suggest you do, is install a dual boot SuSE. If you install only
32-bit SuSE on one partition, and the combination of 64-32 on another, you
will get the added benifit for problem solving of knowing your in an
exclusively 32-bit environment. Once you get that working, you can be up and
running without too much loss of productivity. You probably won't notice too
much difference between the two anyway unless you do some really heavy
computing. Then, you can work out the 64-bit side of things on a no pressure
basis. It can be done. I have been using 64 bit SuSE on all my machines
(including laptop) and have had no problems eventually getting everything I
use to work. But when I had to get something done, I just switched to a
32-bit machine to pass up the pressure of the deadline, and would eventually
get to make it work 64-bit. Heck, you may find it easier to build all your
support libs while booted 32bit. And then setup the environment on you
64-bit side to actually use the other partitions libs. Clean seperation can
certainly help, especially if your new to the 64/32 bit thing.

Hope this helps.

B-)