Re: [SLE] Firefox 1.0.8
  • From: "Kai Ponte" <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 12:03:13 -0700

> On Monday 17 April 2006 14:22, Kai Ponte wrote:
> > Being a newbie and not knowing about the innards of how GNU/Linux
>
> Being a newbie, one of the first things to learn is that it is NOT
> GNU/Linux, it is just Linux.
>
> (Much as the GNU people would like you to think that way)

Heh, I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that.

>From RMS's speech in Australia the other week, "The apolitical
philosophy of Linus Torvalds ...the main basis for promoting his views
because it is attributed to him directly by labeling the GNU system as
Linux. And that is why I ask people to call the system as GNU/Linux."

Interesting comment, I thought.

I do more call it just Linux and not GNU/Linux. Besides a Gnu, IMO,
isn't as nice a mascot as Tux.

--
kai ponte
www.perfectreign.com || www.livebeans.com

linux - genuine windows replacement part