Re: [SLE] OT: Posting from another unsubscribed address for a subscriber?
  • From: Hans du Plooy <hansdp-lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 21:43:27 +0200
On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 17:01 +0200, Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
> If I receive list mail on the hylton@conacher address, I cannot reply to
> it from the conacher address bucause my ISP will not route the mail as
> they autheniticate the sender ie the sender hylton@conacher is not the
> email address of the connected member on their network and they
> therefore drop the mail into the ether.

Hylton, I see you posted from a global.co.za address - they are much
cheaper than most saix reseller ISPs - if they give you this sort of
crap, dump them and go somewhere else. They *should* authenticate you
based on your network address. i.e. if you're inside your ISPs network,
you should be able to send from any address you please. They're a big
company and I'm sure they have many small businesses as clients who have
their own domain.

Failing that they should provide you with smtp authentication.

But I still say, considering what we have available here, dump them and
go somewhere else. I'd be happy to point you in the right direction.

Hans

< Previous Next >