Re: [SLE] Firefox 1.0.8
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 15:49:52 -0400
On Monday 17 April 2006 3:20 pm, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> Sure....   and don't forget the important contributions of  SCO......
Classic SCO - Xenix a highly corrupt version of Unix first engineered by
Microsoft.
- SCO Unix - a bit less corrupted than Xenix, but...
SCO Group - They have contributed a tremendous amount to our industry. Led
by the standup comic Darl McBride, they have prompted many vendors to
provide indemnities. Nearly a day goes by when I read GROKLAW and SCO's
antics. More recently, Novell forced them into arbitration as required
under the UnitedLinux banner. When SCO wins their suit against IBM forcing
IBM not to use Unix or Linux, they plan to sue Microsoft because somewhere
along the way SCO inherited the rights to the C language. In any case,
Boies, Schiller & Flexner, LLP should receive quite an income from SCO.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group