Bash Files
  • From: Rob Wright <suserob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 15:58:47 -0500
Hi,

I'm trying to learn more about bash and setting up some system customizations.
It seems like OpenSuSE 10.0 might be using a setup that's different from the
"typical" .bash_profile, .bash_logout, and .bashrc files? Is this correct?
Some of the changes that I make to those files take, and some of them don't.
It's hit or miss, but something is setting my PATH and other stuff, I just
can't figure out what. Is it all coming out of the system /etc directory?

Thanks,

Rob Wright
suserob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

< Previous Next >