Re: [SLE] Firefox 1.0.8
  • From: Peter Nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 08:53:59 +0100
On Tuesday 18 April 2006 04:44, kai wrote:
> On Monday 17 April 2006 12:42 pm, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> > you can ( and I do now) use checkinstall
>
> I have yet to successfully create a checkinstalled rpm. I always seem to
> get an error.
>
> Dunno - maybe it is just me.
>
> --

I have also had problems with checkinstall but have found a way of solving the
two problems i seem to get .. they are ..

it will complain cant find file ------------ so i use "touch
filename" that seems to fix it may not be the correct way but it works for
me ..

and on other occaisions i have to run "make " "make install" as normal
then run checkinstall to build the rpm then "make uninstall" (if there is
one not always supplied) then the normal rpm -i path/to/file/filename

HTH in some small way

Pete .

--
The Labour party has changed there emblem from a rose to a condom
as it more accuratley reflects the governments political stance.

A condom allows for inflation halts production destroys the next gereration,
protects a bunch of pricks, and givesyou a sense of security while you are
actually bieng fucked

from GSM

< Previous Next >