Re: [SLE] Lost graphic Login
  • From: Lester Caine <lester@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:27:30 +0100
Daniel Bauer wrote:

Am Dienstag, 18. April 2006 15:24 schrieb Lester Caine:

Help

The graphics card on my SUSE10 linux box decided to pack up, actually
just the fan, but it seems to have cooked itself now :(
I've dropped a new graphics card in, and can at least start the machine
as far as a text login prompt.
Can someone kick me in the right direction to get this new card
installed so that I can get back to kde desktop ;)

if you go to runlevel 3 ("init 3") you should be able to start sax2 and then configure the new card, I guess.
Hope this helps.

Ta all!
THAT was the kick I needed, sax2 just needed a help to pick up the new card.
One gets so used to the graphic way of getting to things ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL

< Previous Next >