Re: [SLE] Lost graphic Login
  • From: Lester Caine <lester@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 20:09:01 +0100
Daniel Bauer wrote:

Am Dienstag, 18. April 2006 18:38 schrieb Kevanf1:

On 18/04/06, Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tuesday, 18 April 2006 19:58 samaye, Silviu Marin-Caea alekhiit:

yast2 x11

Um, seeing as the OP lost his graphical session, I doubt yast2 will work.

--

Can't you run YaST2 in text mode? ncurses? Or have I got it
wrong...as usual :-)

Yes, you can run Yast in text mode, no problem, it looks the same as in graphics mode, just without graphics :-). If you run it in runlevel 3 you can also call sax2 from there (if I remember correctly Yast will run in level 1, too, but then calling sax will not work - well I'm not sure...)

Running sax3 after an init 3 sorted all my problems, and the machine is now back in graphics mode ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL

< Previous Next >