Re: [SLE] What Apache module for SVN with WebDAV to use with SuSE 10.0
  • From: George Stoianov <gstoyanoff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 15:57:33 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Sunny,

--- Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 4/18/06, George Stoianov wrote:
> > Can someone tell me what is the name of the Apache
> > module I have to enable in Yast, besides dav,
> dav-fs??
> > to have access to a Subversion repository from
> Apache
> > through WebDAV. I am using SuSE 10.0 boxed
> version.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > George
> >

> Package: subversion-server
> Section: Development/Tools/Version Control
> Installed Size: 123109
> Maintainer: http://www.suse.de/feedback
> Version: 1.2.3-2
> Pre-Depends: rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) (<=
> 4.0-1),
> rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) (<= 3.0.4-1),
> rpmlib(PayloadIsBzip2) (<=
> 3.0.5-1)
> Depends: subversion (= 1.2.3), apache2, libc.so.6,
> libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0), libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3),
> libpthread.so.0,
> libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.0), libsvn_delta-1.so.0,
> libsvn_fs-1.so.0,
> libsvn_repos-1.so.0, libsvn_subr-1.so.0, libz.so.1
> Provides: mod_authz_svn.so, mod_dav_svn.so,
> subversion-server (= 1.2.3-2)
> Architecture: i586
> Size: 70328
> MD5Sum: 2dacbf79502bfadfe55e37006351679e
> Filename: subversion-server-1.2.3-2.i586.rpm
> server
> The subversion-server package adds the Subversion
> server Apache module
> to the Apache directories and configuration.

Thank you very much that was exactly what I was
looking for. I have another question I am trying to
set it up so my repository is available on the web,
served by Apache through WebDAV, I have the modules
loaded thanks to you, but I cannot find how to add a
Location directive using YaST. I am using this as a
guideline http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8596.

Here are the steps I am taking:
1. Start YaST
2. Go to Network services
3. Start the HTTP Server
4. Go to Default host.
5. Click on Add
I get a list of directives and not one of them is
called Location, what am I missing? I can add one
myself but I don't know how I can proceed from there
to enter the necessary parameter?

What is the right way of doing this? Should I just
edit httpd.conf adding the directive??

Thanks again,
George