Re: [SLE] Faxing from 10.0
  • From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:33:42 -0400

> The Monday 2006-04-17 at 18:28 -0400, Mike McMullin wrote:
>

> > > Then, you have a problem with "kdeprintfax", not hylafax. Try faxing
> > > directly with "sendfax"; for instance, from the configuration I have in
> > > OpenOffice:
> > >
> > > sendfax -m -n -T 3 -s a4 -D -d "(PHONE)" "(TMP)"
> >
> > log file created! It errored out, but then the I had my cell turned
> > off
> >
> > Apr 17 18:16:09.04: [19843]: <-- [13:ATDT***-***\r]
> > Apr 17 18:17:04.84: [19843]: --> [10:NO CARRIER]
>
> Funny. It should have been "no answer", or something of the sort; those
> error depend on the modem, though. No... I'm thinking... the cellular
> company might have given a voice message to your modem, so the "no
> carrier". Correct, then.

Voice mail capable cell phone, so the company takes a message when the
phone doesn't get answered.

> > The fax system specified is hylafax, the default command line is:
> > /usr/bin/capisuitefax -d %number %files
>
> I thought capisuite was used for ISDN :-?
>
> [...]
>
> Yes, it is:

> : Description :
> : CapiSuite is an ISDN telecommunication suite providing easy to use
> : telecommunication functions which can be controlled from Python
> : scripts.
>
> Therefore, it will not work for you unless you have ISDN services and an
> appropiate card.

I think YaST needs a bit of a going over then. ISDN cards are a
separate module, and I just checked to make sure nothing was set up, and
it comes up blank. The one other thing that the modem is capable of is
voice, which I'll wait on. I think that's more of a server function,
and this modem is on my main system.

> > IIRC capisuitefax was installed when I went into YaST to set up the
> > fax.
> > I want to note that I'm using kde 3.5.2.

Checking just now it seems that the phone answering module will
install capisuite. :(

> > I do appreciate the help Carlos. I know I'm getting some where.
>
> Welcome; it is an interesting problem.

:) I hope to get this written down and posted so others will have an
easier time of it than I have had. Googleing this subject I ran across
an old question from Carl Spitzer, which may end up getting answered in
course.

Mike

< Previous Next >