A Simple Question on iptables (NAT issue)
  • From: FW <frost.wrath@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 13:42:19 +0800
Hi, all.

My situation is:

the gateway(Linux 2.4) imposes NAT on all the traffic from all
workstations(configured with public IP addresses rathar than private
ones) within the LAN.

Now I want to set an exception in the NAT rule. That's to say, I want
the gateway not to do NAT on *one specific workstation* within the
LAN. Could you HELP me
on how to do that?

I'm quite sorry that I haven't had a good reading on iptables docs.
But I'm not likely going to configure iptables other than this time
since I'm not an network administrator. I just got the temperory
approval from the network administrator who has been busy and gave me
the root password to configure the gateway myself. I only want to
enable the sshd on one Linux workstation within the LAN so that I may
login to do some work when I am far from the LAN.

Thanks in advance.