Firefox: Open link in new tab
  • From: ken <gebser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 08:00:38 -0400

Just a few months ago, after doing a lot of googling and testing, I set
up gnome (with gconf-editor and 'Edit > Preferences...') to open links
in email (using Thunderbird) in a new tab in the current firefox window.
For some reason, this no longer works. Doing all the googling again
gives me all the same advice that I read before. Some of this worked
previously, but no longer does. Using (the default) "firefox %s" in
gconf opens a new firefox window, but I can't figure out how to get
gnome (?) to open links in a new firefox tab.

Anybody else have the same problem and/or, better, figure out the way it
works.

PS. I can open a specified URL in a firefox new tab from bash and from
emacs, but not from thunderbird. Being that FF and Tbird are both
Mozilla products, I'd think this would be the easiest to accomplish.
But weirdly, no.

tia for any help.

--
"This world ain't big enough for the both of us,"
said the big noema to the little noema.