Re: [SLE] Oracle-Novell
  • From: Steven Pasternak <stevenp500@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:13:25 -0400
Greg Wallace wrote:
On Monday, April 17, 2006 @ 6:28 PM, Don wrote:

Hi all, just my 2 cents worth into the fray. Larry E. is getting use to
getting his way and with his strong dislike of Bill G and MS, I wouldn't
be surprised at all that Novell is bought by Oracle. They, Oracle, have
a VP in charge of Linux product development, SuSE is the next piece of
the puzzle for them, I think. Do they have the $'s, probably.
--
Don N7NKJ
SuSE 9.3 Because it keeps on working! and it's open source!

So would Oracle SuSE Linux come with an Oracle database server package as
part of the distro (scaled back, of course, but still ...)? Now that would
be cool.

Greg Wallace

I think that it would be a good thing if Oracle bought Novell. I am no business-buff, but since Oracle is a big company, it probably has big $. I think that the only way to replace M$ in the desktop would be advertising, which needs big $.
-Steven