Re: [SLE] Running Windows Media Player with SuSE?
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:00:45 -0400
On Wednesday 19 April 2006 17:03, Gil Weber wrote:
<snip>

Addendum:

I *do* have MPlayer configured and working correctly. The soccerfanatics.net
videos start buffering in embedded mode (within the web page) and stop at 98%
or 99%. However, once they stop buffering, if you click the 'Play' button
(tiny right-arrow) in the player's controls along the bottom edge of the
player screen, the videos play. :-)

This is *atypical* behavior... generally speaking, when links like that start
buffering, they continue on to play automatically. The 'problem' here is how
they're wrapped in the page for serving, not the player configuration (at
least at this end.)

FWIW all my other 'test' sites are working correctly, too, including cnn.com
and c-span.

regards,

Carl

< Previous Next >