RE: [SLE] hal/haldaemon
  • From: Ken Schneider <suse-list2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 07:40:23 -0400

> The Wednesday 2006-04-19 at 22:35 -0500, Greg Wallace wrote:
>

> > Completely OT, but I can't resist. While it may not be a good idea to
> > disable HAL, it certainly would have been nice if the HAL folks had provided
> > some sort of front-end graphics module for modifying at least some of the
> > high-level basics of this animal.
>
> Absolutely!
>
> (And I don't think it is OT)
>
> To compound problems, it is not even mentioned in the SuSE admin book, at
> least in version 9.3, don't know later.

Also the precise reason linux is being so s l o w to be adopted by
many windows users. People converting from windows -DON'T- want to go to
a command line to edit a file no matter how much faster it is. It is all
about proper syntax in the config files which is not guaranteed when
editing by hand. Teach people how to use the system first then teach
them the shortcuts, it is a much faster process.

--
Ken Schneider