Re: [SLE] hal/haldaemon
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:46:39 +0200 (CEST)

The Thursday 2006-04-20 at 13:20 +0200, Josef Wolf wrote:

> > >No, it would. Don't do that.
>
> I have disabled it, because it is very annoying, and I could not find any
> documentation how to disable the annoying behavior. I have not seen any
> breakage from disabling yet.

Everything in the system is listed by hald, more and more things will be
using it. I understand that device nodes are created based on what the
system thinks exists, and that decision is or will be based on hald.

"lshal" lists 73 devices in my system: usb things, video card, pci bus,
ethernet card, tv car4d, ide bus, fixed hard disks partitions...
everything, more or less.

> Oh, automounting a (CD|DVD)-RW that you want to burn, isn't a very good
> idea, either :-((

I agree. But I didn't have to dissable hald to dissable automounting.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson