Wireless Card
  • From: Alan Dowley <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:48:05 -0500
Hi All

I am fairly new to Linux and just learning so any help here would be appreciated.

I have a DELL 5160 running 9.3 using a D'Link AirExpert wireless PCMCIA and all works ok. But I would like to have an internal wireless card instead.
I have got a Broadcom (BCM94306MP RE.4) and have tried to configure this. Linux does not detect this when installed so I have attempted to add it manually.
When I configure it as wireless card and enter the MAC as the id it shows a new wireless card is being set up but when the config runs it keeps showing up and an Ethernet card.
I use WEP for my network but this new card will not connect.

What do I need to do to get the card recognised by Linux so that I can get it working.

TIA

Alan