[SLE] Sound Card Problems
  • From: Craig Grobbelaar <craigg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:01:02 +0200
Hi All,

I am a fairly new linux user who has been converted from M$ to SUSE, and
also new to this list...I am running SUSE 10.0. I wonder if anybody has
had a simialr problem to this before:

I have recently had this issue of my sound card not working, I tried a
few things and nothing worked, so I re-installed SUSE 10 last night
but...it was still not working. When I went into YAST >> Hardware>>
Sound, and it had recognised two sound cards...yet I know I only have
one installed...the one it picked is my actual sound card (Onboard VIA
82XXX) and the other is pciked up as "Sound Card" using the
"snd-via82xx" driver...No matter what I do I cannot delete or edit
it...when ever I click on edit or delete, YAST just closes. So I
disabled the sound card, modem, game port and midi port in the BIOS, now
YAST only pics the one called "Sound Card" but I still cannot delete or
edit it as YAST just closes as stated before.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Craig Grobbelaar