Re: [SLE] Convert DOC to PDF??
  • From: Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:48:47 -0400
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:43:15 -0500
"Ryan McCain" <Ryan.McCain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a program that will convert DOCs to PDFs if a
> DOC is dropped into a directory on the filesystem? My googling is
> coming up empty.

No, but it should be easy to implement with some scripting:

(1) Create two directories- one for input and one for output.

(2) Write a small script to sort the files in the reverse chronological
order and get the newest filename and convert that file to pdf
with a program like wvPDF (part of wvware), output it to the
output directory.

(3) Use something like dnotify:

http://oskarsapps.mine.nu/dnotify.html

to monitor the input directory and run the script when a new file
is dropped into it.

Charles

--
/* The HME is the biggest piece of shit I have ever seen. */
linux-2.6.6/drivers/scsi/esp.h