Re: [SLE] What Apache module for SVN with WebDAV to use with SuSE 10.0
  • From: George Stoianov <gstoyanoff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:31:30 -0400 (EDT)

--- Allister <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tuesday 18 April 2006 19:57, George Stoianov
> wrote:
> > have another question I am trying to
> > set it up so my repository is available on the
> web,
> > served by Apache through WebDAV, I have the
> modules
> > loaded thanks to you, but I cannot find how to add
> > Location directive using YaST. I am using this as
> > guideline
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8596.
> >
> > Here are the steps I am taking:
> > 1. Start YaST
> > 2. Go to Network services
> > 3. Start the HTTP Server
> > 4. Go to Default host.
> > 5. Click on Add
> > I get a list of directives and not one of them is
> > called Location, what am I missing? I can add one
> > myself but I don't know how I can proceed from
> there
> > to enter the necessary parameter?
> >
> > What is the right way of doing this? Should I just
> > edit httpd.conf adding the directive??
>
> Have just this minute finished doing the same, and
> it works a treat.
> Helpfully there is a small howto (including setting
> up Location directives in
> the correct configuration files) which you can find
> at /usr/share/doc/packages/subversion/README.SuSE
> (assuming that you
> installed the ViewCVS rpm).
> Let me know if you have any problems.
> Allister

Thank you Allister,

This document is exactly what I needed. I am running
in abit of problem with getting it complete. Following
the instructions I have done the following:

1. I have added the svn user and group
2. Set up svnserve through the runlevels
3. added the directories under /srv
4. created the repositories
5. editted the subversion.conf file to include
directives for the 2 projects
6. when I try to add the include for subversion.conf
and click Finish in Yast I get:
"Error
Cannot adjust 'apache2' service."

I am sure I have messed up something but what??
Thanks.
George