Re: [SLE] Convert DOC to PDF??
  • From: "Ryan McCain" <Ryan.McCain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:33:05 -0500
Charles,

We tried it with wvPDF, however the graphics got messed up. More
specifically, they increased in size by around 500x.

Any other ideas?

>>>Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 04/20/06 11:48 am >>>
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:43:15 -0500
"Ryan McCain" <Ryan.McCain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Does anyone know of a program that will convert DOCs to PDFs if a
>DOC is dropped into a directory on the filesystem? My googling is
>coming up empty.

No, but it should be easy to implement with some scripting:

(1) Create two directories- one for input and one for output.

(2) Write a small script to sort the files in the reverse chronological
order and get the newest filename and convert that file to pdf
with a program like wvPDF (part of wvware), output it to the
output directory.

(3) Use something like dnotify:

http://oskarsapps.mine.nu/dnotify.html

to monitor the input directory and run the script when a new file
is dropped into it.

Charles

--
/* The HME is the biggest piece of shit I have ever seen. */
linux-2.6.6/drivers/scsi/esp.h

< Previous Next >