Re: [SLE] Convert DOC to PDF??
  • From: Rikard Johnels <rikard.j@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:00:19 +0100
On Thursday 20 April 2006 18:48, Charles Philip Chan wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:43:15 -0500
>
> "Ryan McCain" <Ryan.McCain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a program that will convert DOCs to PDFs if a
> > DOC is dropped into a directory on the filesystem? My googling is
> > coming up empty.
>
> No, but it should be easy to implement with some scripting:
>
> (1) Create two directories- one for input and one for output.
>
> (2) Write a small script to sort the files in the reverse chronological
> order and get the newest filename and convert that file to pdf
> with a program like wvPDF (part of wvware), output it to the
> output directory.
>
> (3) Use something like dnotify:
>
> http://oskarsapps.mine.nu/dnotify.html
>
> to monitor the input directory and run the script when a new file
> is dropped into it.
>
> Charles

How to make a pdf printer in samba.
http://linuxreviews.org/quicktips/sambapdfwriter/

Might be able to rip the scripts?

Creating Smart Print Queues
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/3741

Same here?

--
         /Rikard

email   : rikard.j@xxxxxxxxxx
web     : http://www.rikjoh.com
mob: : +46 (0)763 19 76 25
< 15 28 DF 78 67 98 B2 16 1F D3 FD C5 59 D4 B6 78  46 1C EE 56 >
< Previous Next >