Re: [SLE] SuSe and issues with their kernel's.
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 21:29:53 +0200 (CEST)

The Thursday 2006-04-20 at 12:21 -0700, Brad Dameron wrote:

> The make install actually does a mkinitrd for you.

Yes, but... (*)

> I finally got this working this morning. I compiled everything into the
> kernel so there are no modules and that seems to have worked for me.

(*) I would think then that you still need mkinitrd.

> would of preferred to use modules so I could start building my own
> kernel for my servers. But I won't be picky.

Did you remember to set up a different name for your kernel? If you don't,
the make install_modules overwrites the default modules.

Just two ideas. Also, Per Jessen said about certain modifications you
might try.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson