Re: [SLE] SuSe and issues with their kernel's.
  • From: Peter Nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 09:04:02 +0100
On Wednesday 19 April 2006 22:49, Brad Dameron wrote:

> Why do I need a vanilla kernel you ask? Well because there are a lot of
> applications that do not seem to compile when pointed to the SuSe kernel
> source tree. One being RedHat GFS which we are going to start using.
> There are other applications as well. And I am a bit upset that they
> change their kernel so much that some of these applications will not
> compile on their kernel.
>
> Or if anyone is using GFS on SuSe let me know what you did.

Have you ever thought that the problem may be RED HATS PROBLEM and NOT
SUSE's problem are Redhat not the ones that shy away from the file/tree
standards and refuse to tow the line ?..from what i remember reading a
while ago .

And maybe a little bit MORE of a description as to the ERRORS would be
usefull .!! we can all get hot under the collar but it dont get you nowhere
but a hostile reception ..

Supply some useable information and you will get what help can be given
supply none you get none and BTW try giving the REDHAT list some GBH as
well after all it is one of there packages is it not ..

Pete .

--
The Labour party has changed there emblem from a rose to a condom
as it more accuratley reflects the governments political stance.

A condom allows for inflation halts production destroys the next gereration,
protects a bunch of pricks, and givesyou a sense of security while you are
actually bieng fucked

from GSM