Re: [SLE] Two monitors
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:06:25 +0200
> I have a feeling that mine is set-up as twinview (I'm on the road at the
> moment, so can't check), but I do configure it through Sax2.

Did you configure it with SAX2 in 10.0 or 9.3? (I could get it
working fine in 9.3 using SAX and Xinerama - this was before I
discovered TwinView - but gave up in 10.0 and did it manually)

If I go into SAX2 with both monitors connected, SAX does not EVER see
the second monitor - on top of that it wants to rewrite my xorg.conf
file back to a single monitor setup. Granted the single monitor setup
works perfectly after SAX does it's thing, but... when you want dual
monitor... well, I've never got it to work using SAX. I'd really like
to know if anyone else has figured out how to use SAX to setup dual
monitor in SUSE 10.0.

> One thing to bear in mind, even with a 256MB card, the nVidia drivers don't
> seem to like doing 24-bit when using 2 monitors, drop to 16-bit and things
> should be better...

Hmmm interesting. I'm using 24 bit mode with no problems or issues.
What problems have you bumped into? What are the symptoms of the
problems? I'm curious... mainly since my system seems to be flawless
with the nVidia drivers as supplied via the YOU updates.

C.