Re: [SLE] Two monitors
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:55:19 +0200
> I had used some naming conventions from the HowTo which Sax2 didn't like,
> changin the identifiers for each section to Sax2-like ones and I can use Sax2
> for the configuration now...

Interesting. For me I used whatever SAX2 gave me when I installed
SUSE10.0. I didn't do any overrides... just used it as is... and
wasn't given any options to change anything. That said, I haven't
been back into SAX in a very long time - it didn't work to do what I
wanted so I did it manually (as per my original reply here :-) ) and
I never went back to see if anythign had changed. I will have to go
look when I get home tonight.

> panel, one on DVI, one on VGA. With the settings set at 24-bit, the display
> on the VGA cabled monitor is a "corrupted" copy of the DVI display, and even

I had that happen after an update I did to xorg (or was it X11?)
Basically dual monitor stopped working altogether and I got exactly
what you describe... a corrupted copy of the primary display showing
on the secondary display. I had to roll back to the version of
xorg/X11 provided on the DVD and then reinstall (manually) the nVidia
RPM (provided by SUSE). Restarted X and all was back to normal - ie
24 bit dual monitor displaying the way dual monitor is supposed to.

I wonder... is this your problem as well?

C.

< Previous Next >