Re: [SLE] SUSE10 -- wireless "profiles"?
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:22:46 -0400
On Friday 21 April 2006 9:44 am, Ken Schneider wrote:

> And with NetworkManager all you do is click on an icon in the system
> tray and select a different network, bada boom, bada bing, done. No
> logging out, no reboot involved.
I know that, but that is not the point.
I take my laptop to MIT and I want it to boot into the Wireless profile.
I take my laptop to work, I want it to boot into the appropriate profile.

It is very simple for me to type the command "sudo scpm switch MIT", or to
click on the NetworkManager, but that is an extra step. I know I don't have
to log out. I've been doing that for years, especially when I teach, I
forget to select the appropriate profile, so I select it after booting.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group