NDIS Setup Problem
  • From: Donald D Henson <wepin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:56:09 -0600
SuSE 10.0

I'm trying to set up an NDIS wrapper on a laptop. I've found several
tutorials, most of which were very helpful. However, I'm having trouble
locating the .sys and .inf files for the wireless card. This is a dual
boot laptop so the Windows drivers should be available right there. I
think I've found the location of the files I need but there are six of
them and I only need two. (Right?) The fact that some of the files have
file extensions and others don't just increases my confusion. Any
assistance in locating the correct files will be sincerely appreciated.
It's been a while since I've done any serious work on Windows so feel
free to talk down to me. Here's the files I've found

C:\SWSetup\WLAN\bcmwl15 (Setup Information)
C:\SWSetup\WLAN\bcmwl15.PNF (Precompiled Setup Information)
C:\SWSetup\WLAN\bcmwl15 (System file)
C:\SWSetup\WLAN\bcmwl15a (Setup Information)
C:\SWSetup\WLAN\bcmwl15a.PNF (Precompiled Setup Information)
C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\BCMWL5 (System file)

Donald D. Henson, Managing Director
West El Paso Information Network
The "Non-Initiation of Force Principle" Rules