Re: [SLE] NDIS Setup Problem
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:24:50 -0400
On Friday 21 April 2006 12:56 pm, Donald D Henson wrote:
> SuSE 10.0
>
> I'm trying to set up an NDIS wrapper on a laptop. I've found several
> tutorials, most of which were very helpful. However, I'm having trouble
> locating the .sys and .inf files for the wireless card. This is a dual
> boot laptop so the Windows drivers should be available right there. I
> think I've found the location of the files I need but there are six of
> them and I only need two. (Right?) The fact that some of the files have
> file extensions and others don't just increases my confusion. Any
> assistance in locating the correct files will be sincerely appreciated.
> It's been a while since I've done any serious work on Windows so feel
> free to talk down to me. Here's the files I've found
>
> C:\SWSetup\WLAN\bcmwl15 (Setup Information)
> C:\SWSetup\WLAN\bcmwl15.PNF (Precompiled Setup Information)
> C:\SWSetup\WLAN\bcmwl15 (System file)
> C:\SWSetup\WLAN\bcmwl15a (Setup Information)
> C:\SWSetup\WLAN\bcmwl15a.PNF (Precompiled Setup Information)
> C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\BCMWL5 (System file)
Is it a 32-bit or 64-bit laptop.
What model Broadcom card or chip.
For HP/Compaq laptops ...
<http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/hpcpqnk/us/download/22737.html>
Download the appropriate SPnnnn.exe
You can unpack it using the cabextract. You will find the 32-bit .sys
and .inf files in there. If you need the 64-bit drivers the one below
works.
ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/notebook/ferrari_4000/driver/winxp64bit/80211g.zip

The installation process has been documented by several of us in this forum.
Look for the thread:
[SLE] ndiswrapper and 64-bit Broadcom wireless drivers

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group