Re: [SLE] SUSE 10 - postfix config? e-mail not getting to imap
  • From: Hans du Plooy <hansdp-lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 19:48:38 +0200
On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 12:53 -0400, Paul Bradshaw wrote:
> I have OpenSUSE 10 with postfix and imap-2004c_suse-2. I can read
> e-mail fine with Pine. Mail is in /home/userdirectory/Maildir. But my
> imap inbox is empty. Can someone point out where I should be looking to
> correct this?

In your imap server setup. I'm not familiar with the imap server you
use, but if your mail is going to ~/Maildir/ and imap tells you there's
nothing in your inbox, then imap probably isn't looking in ~/Maildir/

See if your imap server supports Maildir, otherwise install
courier-imap.

> I spotted in /etc/postfix/master.cf a line:
> > cyrus unix - n n - - pipe
> > user=cyrus argv=/usr/lib/cyrus/bin/deliver -e -r ${sender} -m
> > ${extension} ${user}
> I'm not using cyrus though. Is this the source of my problem?
No, you have to specify in main.cf if you want to use cyrus. This only
means that the transport is available, should you wish to use it.

Hans