Re: [SLE] Novell Network Client on SUSE Linux
  • From: "Peter Van Lone" <petervl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 00:48:57 -0500
On 4/21/06, Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Which SUSE Linux releases includes the Novell Client? I see a kernel module
> making claims in this area with OpenSuse. On the local network here the
> network login from a Windows PC uses the Novell Client For Windows. I would
> like the same functionality from Linux that allows me to log on to the
> network. Our company has an enterprise Novell license, but no one here is
> very savvy about the Linux side of things. So I am pretty much on my own.

Documentation:
http://www.novell.com/documentation/linux_client/index.html

see below for a hack putting the client on open SUSE:
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/16101.html

Also ... I think there are major changes due out the next version,
coming concurrent or just after SLED

From:
http://www.novell.com/documentation/linux_client/index.html?page=/documentation/linux_client/linuxclient/data/bwiw1sj.html

"2.1 System Requirements

The Novell Client for Linux 1.1 requires workstations running Novell
Linux Desktop (NLD) 9 SP3.

The following packages must be installed on the workstation before you
install the Novell Client for Linux:

* gcc
* kernel-source
* make"