Re: [SLE] Accounting?
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:24:21 -0400
On Saturday 22 April 2006 08:25, BandiPat wrote:
> Hey users,
>
> What about a small accounting program? Something to keep track of
> inventory and invoicing, money coming in, money going out? Something
> someone likes, uses or suggests to try? I'll do some searching on this
> end today, but I'd be happy to hear of something others use that is
> stable and not difficult for new users to setup.

I can't personally vouch for a specific package, but I can give you some
related links from my personal archive:

A list of Linux accounting packages:
http://www.aaxnet.com/design/linuxacct.html

Compiere (http://www.compiere.org) is a complete ERP + CRM
business system with accounting subsystems.

GNUCash (I think is included with SUSE) doesn't do inventory control but it
does include invoicing, AP/AR, etc.

Quasar (http://www.linuxcanada.com/) is available in GPL (no support) and
'retail' verions (with support.)

hth & regards,