Video frequency too high for my LCD
  • From: Thomas Astleitner <list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 16:52:10 +0200
Dear list;

I'm using SuSE Linux 9.3 now since it has been released.
When 10.0 final came out, I installed it and realized, that my LCD monitor
couldn't handle the video frequency (the message was: "Video frequency too
high").

There, i parked 10.0 and waited for 10.1.
Now, 10.1 RC1 is out, i've tried that version to install and got the same
fault during installation progress (at the point where you can set up the
graphic card).

SuSE now runs in version 10.1 RC1 in a screen resolution of 800x600 with a
hardware manufactor of Hyundai, model L50S. As soon as I try to run a higher
resolution, the monitor can't handle it.

Physically, I have a LCD monitor manufactured by Hyundai, the model is called
L70S, it's a 17" screen.

I have already tried to change the frequency parameters in SAX2, without
success.

The reason why I'm wirting on this mailing list is because i already had the
problem on the released version of 10.0 so maybe i'm running into troubles
which already are in the released version.

I can't imagine that I'm the only one having such kind of problem, so maybe
one of you have a simple HowTo for me, I'd be so very glad to hear.

Thank you a lot!
Thomas

< Previous Next >