Re: [SLE] noauto setting not working in fstab entry for vfat partition
  • From: S Glasoe <srglasoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:58:49 -0500
On Saturday 22 April 2006 9:17 am, Carl Hartung wrote:
> On Saturday 22 April 2006 09:17, S Glasoe wrote:
> > Are you sure that the last login session you used wasn't calling
> > /dev/hdc1 to be mounted?
>
> Thanks for responding, Stan.
>
> No, I can't say I'm "sure". I didn't knowingly have hdc1 mounted when I
> logged out and rebooted. Are you suggesting that a running application,
> saved in that session, could have mounted it? Or are you saying that a
> saved session, itself (i.e. which preserves the 'environment',) can
> behave like this?
>
> Carl

Yes to both. An application could have mounted hdc1, you quit that app and
that mount point is preserved when you log out; it is part of the
environment in its current state - mounted. KDE Control Center's Save
Session settings; I use "manual save" versus "save the session as is every
time you log out". I had the same issue once with noauto and the partition
was being auto-mounted by the session as it had been saved.

It is another variation on the Auto-Start idea. I get gkrellm and gaim set
the way I want them to appear every time I login. I make sure nothing else
is going on that I don't want and then I do a manual KDE save session.
Every time I login, gaim and gkrellm appear where I left/want them on my
desktop.

Stan