Re: [SLE] Convert DOC to PDF??
  • From: "Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 17:05:54 +0200
Ryan McCain wrote:
Does anyone know of a program that will convert DOCs to PDFs if a DOC is
dropped into a directory on the filesystem? My googling is coming up
empty.
Hi Ryan

Could you not set-up a script to moitor the directory either by checking the size of the directory or by searching for doc files. If there is a way to monitor the directory then have a script move doc files to a temporary directory. Then have the script check the temporary directory each minute and run a doc2PDF or similar command, but placing the output of the command in the directory the original doc file was inserted into.

The logic makes sense to me but don't ask how as I'll leave that to the more experienced on the list.

HiH