Re: [SLE] The future of SuSE Sales?
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 21:27:48 +0200
> I note that open SuSE is going on to ver 10.2 right after it is done
> with the RCs for version 10.1. There is no mention of a public sale of
> boxed sets for us small folks. Is this the future course? Or will
> there be boxed sets of SuSE 10.n offered in the future?

I've got 10.1 on pre-order from my local supplier... If you read on
the openSUSE website, and also through the endless discussions about
this, there will be a SUSE OSS version available for download, and a
full retail version available for purchase. The main difference being
the installation support and addition of commercial software to the
retail version.