Re: [SLE] Accounting?
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 15:52:16 -0400
On Saturday 22 April 2006 09:24, Carl Hartung wrote:
> On Saturday 22 April 2006 08:25, BandiPat wrote:
> > Hey users,
> >
> > What about a small accounting program? Something to keep track of
> > inventory and invoicing, money coming in, money going out?
> > Something someone likes, uses or suggests to try? I'll do some
> > searching on this end today, but I'd be happy to hear of something
> > others use that is stable and not difficult for new users to setup.
>
> I can't personally vouch for a specific package, but I can give you
> some related links from my personal archive:
>
> A list of Linux accounting packages:
> http://www.aaxnet.com/design/linuxacct.html
>
> Compiere (http://www.compiere.org) is a complete ERP + CRM
> business system with accounting subsystems.
>
> GNUCash (I think is included with SUSE) doesn't do inventory control
> but it does include invoicing, AP/AR, etc.
>
> Quasar (http://www.linuxcanada.com/) is available in GPL (no support)
> and 'retail' verions (with support.)
>
> hth & regards,
>
> Carl

Carl,
Thanks for the detailed info site on accounting packages. It was useful
to say the least. I hadn't been keeping up with GnuCash lately, so was
surprised at the many new features it has added. Now, if I can get it
to do some type of inventory management, it will fill the bill nicely.

Thanks also to Donald for your input on GnuCash. What things do you
manage with it, you didn't say.

Still researching here, but thanks for the information guys.

Lee