Re: [SLE] SUSE legacy - supporting SUSE 10.0
  • From: James Ogley <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 21:30:01 +0100
On Sat, 2006-04-22 at 22:13 +0200, Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Saturday 22 April 2006 21:34, Alexey Eremenko wrote:
> > In my practise - SUSE Linux 10.0 is supported poorly.
> It is supported in the sense that if there is a security problem, it receives
> security fixes. Have you seen a security problem that's gone unpatched?

I'm with Anders here, SUSE is actually very well supported in the form
of security fixes and the availability of unofficial SUSE-supplied
packages in supplementary.

You want full on 24/7 hold-your-hand support, buy SLES and take out a
support contract.

I'm pretty sure that Fedora Legacy is about unofficial support for OS
versions from way back that Red Hat don't support any more incidentally.

And Alexey's list of bugs have all either been fixed (boo! bad
support?) or aren't actual bugs :)
--
James Ogley
james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://usr-local-bin.org