Re: [SLE] Accounting?
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 22:44:26 +0100
In a previous message, BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I hadn't been keeping up with GnuCash lately, so
> was surprised at the many new features it has added. Now, if I can get it
> to do some type of inventory management, it will fill the bill nicely.

I ran a small business on GnuCash for 5 years and it works very nicely for
that. But it doesn't (yet) do inventory management. It will handle invoices
and payments, accounts receivable and payable, reporting etc. One tip, though,
is not to use the built-in printing for reports; it produces poor results
(using gtk-html). Instead, save the HTML and import into OpenOffice, and print
from there. IME, this gives much better results (e.g. GC would split lines
across pages, which looks very bad on an invoice).

HTH!

John
--
John Pettigrew