Re: [SLE] internet problem with suse 10
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 22:44:55 -0400
On Saturday 22 April 2006 21:20, John Haynes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It works fine now, except the only web browser that works is Konqueror.
>
> None of the other browsers installed will connect to any websites.
>
> Installed browsers are: Mozilla , Firefox and Epihany.
>
> This is not a major problem, but again all help is appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> John.

Hi John,

In the log you sent it looked like you'd tried reconfiguring your network
adapter(s) more than once. I think this is a dns/routing/default gateway
problem.

Open a shell (terminal) and 'su -' (enter root password when prompted)

Run these commands, copy/paste the results to post here:

ifconfig
route -n

'exit' back to normal user and try pinging www.google.com, i.e.:

ping www.google.com