Re: [SLE] Audio file preview in Konqueror - Suse 10
  • From: kai <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 23:11:15 -0700
On Saturday 22 April 2006 09:39 pm, Steve Jacobs wrote:
> I recall that I used to be able to preview an audio file by
> positioning the cursor over the file icon, in older versions of Suse.
>
> On my recently installed OpenSuse 10 system, that no longer works.
>
> Within Konqueror, I HAVE checked the option to preview audio files.
> I have downloaded the various multimedia codecs and installed them. I
> can listen to MP3 files in the various audio apps, and watch .avi
> files or DVDs using the appropriate apps.
>
> However, nothing plays when I position the mouse cursor over an .mp3 file.

I'm not sure how it used to work, but on my 10.0 system, I right-click and
select "Preview in embedded media player." That seems to work for .wav, .mp3
and .ogg files. I don't have any .flac files handy to try out and I know
that .gsm files are unplayable in SUSE.

> I've spent the last couple of hours searching various forums and
> Google for a solution, and found a few other mentions of the problem,
> but nothing helpful.
>
> Anybody here know what can be done to repair this?

I cannot - unfortnately - be any more assistance, as I have no clue what it
was I have setup.

--
kai