Re: [SLE] Audio file preview in Konqueror - Suse 10
  • From: Gil Weber <gil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 09:02:37 -0400
On Sun April 23 2006 12:39 am, Steve Jacobs wrote:
> I recall that I used to be able to preview an audio file by
> positioning the cursor over the file icon, in older versions of Suse.
>
> On my recently installed OpenSuse 10 system, that no longer works.
>
> Within Konqueror, I HAVE checked the option to preview audio files.
> I have downloaded the various multimedia codecs and installed them. I
> can listen to MP3 files in the various audio apps, and watch .avi
> files or DVDs using the appropriate apps.
>
> However, nothing plays when I position the mouse cursor over an .mp3
> file.
>
> I've spent the last couple of hours searching various forums and
> Google for a solution, and found a few other mentions of the problem,
> but nothing helpful.
>
> Anybody here know what can be done to repair this?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

Steve, I checked my 9.3 and 10.0 pooters. As best I can tell I set
everything the same on both machines.

The sound files (and audio contained within video files) **do** preview
on the 9.3 box, but do **not** on the 10.0 box.

I'm stumped. But I did want to let you know that it's not just your
set-up! :o)
Gil