Re: [SLE] Fwd: [Mw] Search engines
  • From: James Wright <jwright01@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 13:59:22 -0400
Carl Hartung wrote:
On Sunday 23 April 2006 09:02, Per Jessen wrote:
Yeah - but what is "an ancient and long dead listing"?

:-) I guess that depends on the material and one's expectations. If you're posting time-sensitive material online that will be stale in six months, getting one year old 'hits' at the top might seem "ancient."

I see 99 and 2002 results on google, and 98 and 99 results on altavista.

Four to seven years ago in Internet time almost qualifies as an eternity, doesn't it? ;-)

Carl

You can use the "date" expression in your search for more recent entries:

/search-string /date:3

the 3 signifies "in the last three months". You can also use 6 or 12.

-James W.