Re: [SLE] LDAP How to
  • From: Elijah Savage <esavage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 07:42:43 -0400
Gaël Lams wrote:
> Hi
>
>> Is there any good suse 10 and ldap how to's available? I have exhausted
>> my little ldap experience in trying to help get my friend going but now
>> luck.
>
> What are you trying to do and what it the pb you currently have?
>
> Regards,
>
> Gaël

I have been trying to help a friend get it going on Suse10. We got it
installed, and at this point all we want to do is use it for local
authentication in replacement of pam. Then next we want to ty using it
with samba. But for some reason we can't seen to get it to authenticate
local users. we changed the nsswitch.conf but still now luck. We had
been using this walk this how to and got all the way down to actually
performing the getent and it fails.

How to
http://www.fatofthelan.com/articles/articles.php?pid=24

where we got stuck
You should now be able to see the contents with "getent".
For example:
[root@crm114]# getent passwd dstrangelove
...should give:
dstrangelove:x:1001:1001:Dr.Strangelove,109,555-1212,555-2121:/home/dstrangelove:/bin/bash
Elijah Savage | AOL IM:layer3rules
Senior Network Engineer | When it has to be switched or routed.
http://www.digitalrage.org | The Information Technology News Center
----- http://www.digitalrage.org/?page_id=46 for pgp public key--------

< Previous Next >