how-to configure a remote printer
  • From: Maura Edeweiss Monville <memonvil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:48:47 -0500 (CDT)
I have to make my laptop, running SuSE9.3, aware of the remote printers.
The only piece of information I was givenis that the CUPS server must be
set to: charming@xxxxxxxx
Hopefully this will give me access to all the printers on the same floor.
The way they set the CUPS server on Linux/Red-Hat systems is to edit the
system file etc/CUPS/client.conf (or something similar).

I'd rather do that canonically through YAST. Can someone please help me
make the right choices with the YAST procedure ?

Thank you in advance,

Maura