Wireless Connection Error
  • From: "Kai Ponte" <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 16:14:57 -0700
Though not a big isssue, as it only happens with other wireless access
points, I'm curious.

Once in awhile, I try to connect to a wireless network which pops up on
my KInternet application. I figure I cannot connect to the ones which
are encrypted, so I don't bother with those. However, I usually can
connect to any wireless network which is not listed as encrypted and is
broadcasting their SSID.

Out of those, I occasionally get the message, "Connection request to:
<wireless network name> failed. You are currently not associated with
this accesspoint. Try again!"

I googled and only found one entry which pointed to a Spanish page,
which I think said something about WPA encryption. (My Spanish isn't
very good.)

Ideas?