Re: [SLE] noauto setting not working in fstab entry for vfat partition
  • From: Joseph Loo <jloo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:26:36 -0700
Carl Hartung wrote:
Hi All,

This question concerns SUSE 10.0 on a plain vanilla i686 box running standard IDE hard drives. Following are the relevant entries in /etc/fstab:

/dev/hdb12 /mnt/hdb-bak reiserfs noauto,acl,user_xattr 1 2

/dev/hdc1 /mnt/hdc-bak vfat noauto,users,gid=users,umask=0002,utf8=true 0 0

(Note the 'noauto' declaration in each entry.)

Upon booting, hdb12 has not been mounted automatically, which is the desired behavior. However, hdc1 *is* mounting automatically.

In a feeble attempt to discern the problem (I maintain fstab in a text editor) I launched the YaST2 Partitioner module to review/edit the hdc1 entry and confirmed the "Do Not Mount at System Startup" box was checked in the 'fstab options' section. I've scanned the relevant docs and I'm probably missing something, I know, but I'd sure appreciate an explanation or a cure.

TIA & regards,

Carl
Try changing your 1 2 at the end of the fstab file to 0 0.
--
Joseph Loo
jloo@xxxxxxx