Re: [SLE] The future of SuSE Sales?
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 23:30:03 -0400
into electronic streams flowing thru the cosmos On Monday 24 April 2006
7:40 pm, James Knott wrote:
> Clayton wrote:
> > If they had stopped and thought about what they were saying in the
> > email they might not have said it... they were upset at the massive
> > volume of requests for a Linux version, but apparently the demand
> > wasn't there.
> >
> > I wonder if the guys who make the DVD player think the same thing?
>
> That would depend on what Bill Gates tells them to think. ;-)
Gates thinks? um... no wait... that can't be right.. Oh I know, it's a
trick question..

Actually most of the "file sharing" the RIAA was on about was done by
people using that other now DRM enforcer OS... The truth never stopped
anyone from blaming (only) non MS software users.

OTH my guess is, should various versions of Linux desire they couldn't
buy the license to distribute etc.. it would remove a comfortable if
not entirely truthful version of scapegoat... for the incompetents in
"watchdog" groups.. RIAA et al.

"When You Earnestly Believe You Can Compensate For A Lack Of Skill By
Doubling Your Efforts, There's No End To What You Can't Do."

< Previous Next >